LS-DYNA is a highly advanced general purpose nonlinear finite element program that is capable of simulating complex real world problems. The distributed and shared memory solver provides very short turnaround times ondesktop computers and clusters operated using Linux, Windows, and UNIX.
LS-DYNA aims to provide methods to seamlessly solve problems requiring ”Multi-Physics”, ”Multi-Processing”, ”Multiple Stages”, ”Multi-Scale”.
LS-DYNA is suitable to investigate phenomena involving large deformations, sophisticated material models and complex contact conditions for structural dynamics problems.
LS-DYNA allows switching between explicit and different implicit time stepping schemes. Disparate disciplines, such as coupled thermal analyses, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), fluid-structure interaction, Smooth Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH), Element Free Galerkin (EFG), Corpuscular Method (CPM), and the Boundary Element Method (BEM) can be combined with structural dynamics.
Main Application Areas
- Crash- and pedestrian safety in automotive
- Dummy, airbag, barrier
- Seat belt, retractors
- Automotive part manufacturing
- Car body, seats, roofs, doors
- Hoods, fender, bumpers, etc.
- Simulation of manufacturing process
- Deep drawing (incl. gravity sim. and springback)
- Rolling, pressing, forging, casting, spinning
- Superplastic forming, hydroforming, hemming
- Multi-stage processes, metal cutting
- Roller hemming, profile rolling
- Welding and heat treatment
- Glass forming
- Biomedical applications
- Stability/ failure investigations
- Seat tracks
- Bounce and drop tests
- Mobile phone
- Consumer products
- Nuclear vessels
- Earthquake engineering
- Jet engine bird strike and blade containment
- Material behavior of composites
- Blast loading
- Spot-welded, riveted and bolted structures
- Fluid dynamic
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Shipping containers
- Eigenvalue analysis
- Penetration problems
- Plastics, mold and blow forming
Did we stimulate your interest? Please contact us for further information.