Particularly due to the growing amount of relevant legislation and consumer tests as well as new technological developments, the field of occupant safety in vehicle technology has become more important and also gained in complexity.
The goal of this seminar is to present the most important features of LS-DYNA with respect to occupant safety simulations. Moreover, insights are provided on how to deal with the various components involved, such as airbags, seatbelts, crash-test dummies and seats. During this training, particular emphasis will be laid on modeling methods for practical application.
The seminar will provide an overview of state-of-the-art airbag modeling and describes the fundamentals regarding the composition of an LS-DYNA occupant safety simulation, including the positioning and fitting of seatbelts to the dummy and the definition of recommended contacts between the safety systems.
This seminar is mainly designed for beginners working in the field of occupant safety (especially dealing with side, frontal and rear impact). During the event, attendees will be given the opportunity to apply their acquired knowledge in sample exercises.
- Overview of current impact load cases: side, frontal, rear crash
- Available dummy models in LS-DYNA, and their validation methods
- Materials, elements and connections used for occupant safety simulations
- Overview of composition and usage of safety-relevant vehicle components
- Body-in-white modeling
- Usage of dummies
- Overview of positioning methods
- Positioning inside the vehicle using OASYS PRIMER and LS-PrePost
- Settling of dummies
- Prestress in seating foam
- Signal evaluation
- Injury criteria
- Usage of seat belts
- Modeling seat belts, sliprings and pretensioner
- Fasten the seat belt for the dummie using OASYS PRIMER and LS-PrePost
- Evaluation of the results
- Dummy signal evaluation
- Injury criteria
- Example of a modular occupant safety model
- Appropriate composition and structure
- Contact between components
Duration and cost
Two-day class for $1250.00 including printed class notes.
Dates and venue
Scheduled on request and held either in our training center or on your premises (travel expenses may apply).